Tuesday 23 February 2016

Fresh Water Rinse

The water available at Laupahoehoe Beach Park is extremely chlorinated - which I discovered when my skin objected, turning dry and scaly and itchy in reaction to the harsh, chemically-treated water.

So I deliberately set my intent to find a way to rinse off the chlorine with fresh water before I took another shower.

A couple days later, still puzzling over how to do this, my guidance said to take a shower the next morning.  I had been putting off the inevitable for as long as possible, but considering the sensibilities of my fellow human beings, my need was great.

I woke up to a very wet, rainy day and decided to go ahead and take my shower.  Since the showers are all outside anyway, it didn't matter that it was raining.


Afterwards, I scurried inside and discovered that the changing room bench was wet from a broken, leaking drainage pipe.



Rain water!  I was MOST DELIGHTED that the Universe had seen fit to provide me with fresh running water so that I could rinse off the all that chlorine.

Exuberant, refreshed and totally invigorated, I emerged from the restroom to discover that the rain had just stopped and the sun was peeking through the clouds!


Perfect timing.   Of course.

Thank you, Universe!!!




No comments: